A historic event took place in the field of Medical Education in Pragathi Bhavan today. Telangana State Government unveiled a new chapter in the field of medical education by opening 8 medical colleges at one go in the country. Chief Minister Sri K. Chandrashekar Rao kick-started a qualitative change in medical education by launching the commencement of classes for MBBS first year students online in 8 medical colleges.
CM congratulated the medical students and staff during the inauguration ceremony. The Chief Minister congratulated Health Minister Sri Harish Rao and senior officials for their unstinted efforts.
On this occasion, CM’s notable words in his speech:
- It is a golden chapter in the history of Telangana state. An unforgettable day
- Once, Telangana faced a lot of problems for drinking water, irrigation water, electricity, medical seat and engineering seat.
- Today, Statehood for Telangana was achieved and taken up slew of innovative programmes with great self respect and stood as a role model in the country.
- It is a proud moment that Telangana started 8 medical colleges on a single day today.
- In the past, 4 medical colleges in Mahbubnagar, Siddipet, Nalgonda and Suryapet were opened and running them successfully.
- Today, 8 new medical colleges in Sangareddy, Mahabubabad, Manchiryala, Jagtial, Wanaparthy, Kothagudem, Nagarkurnool and Ramagundam started.
- No one dreamt of the establishment of government medical colleges in the tribal dominated Mahabubabad and in remote area like Wanaparthy. The creation of Telangana State and the leadership of Telangana administration by the activists of Telangana struggle made the dreams come true. With the efforts put in by Telangana activist and Health Minister Sri T Harish Rao, the construction of these 8 colleges completed. Special thanks to the minister and also top officials and staff that helped.
- State Government determined to set up one medical college in every district.
- The number of Government Medical Colleges increased to 17. These institutions covered 16 districts. It required to start new medical colleges in another 17 districts.
- State Cabinet already gave its approval in principle to take up the construction of new medical colleges.
- With the blessings of God, the construction of 17 colleges will be taken up soon and perform the inauguration of these by him.
- Earlier, the total number of MBBS seats available in Government Medical Colleges are 850. Today, the number has increased to 2,790. It is a pleasure that number of MBBS seats has increased almost 4 times and Telangana children are getting the seats.
- Similarly, PG and Super Speciality seats also increased significantly. Earlier there are only 531 PG seats. now 1,180 PG seats are made available. In the past, the number of super speciality seats are 70. Today, it is 152 seats.
- The increase of seats provided many opportunities to the students. It is a good opportunity for students who are ‘gems and diamonds’. This is a good opportunity for Dalit, Tribal, Weaker Sections, BC and Minority students.
- Availability of doctors in proportion to the population is as important as availability of paramedical staff. It indicates the strength of the medical field. The state cabinet already approved increasing the number.
- Nursing colleges are also being established. They are being set up in a balanced manner in all areas.
- Aiming for comprehensive development, government sanctioned two medical Colleges in Mulugu and Bhupalapalli through the two districts located in the same Constituency.
- Witnessed Corona pandemic which created havoc. Keeping these conditions in mind, the Government is strengthening the medical field.
- Strengthening the medical field to face any eventuality in the future.
- State Government is building medical colleges by spending thousands of crores of rupees keeping in mind the health and safety of the people
- “Telangana practices and the country follows in all spheres”. Very happy that the youngest state of Telangana is growing so that the country emulate Telangana in the field of medicine as well.
- Students and faculty members of the medical field should move forward for the welfare of poor people.
- Government is ready to spend money to any extent for the healthcare of the poor.
- Health Minister Harish Rao will take steps to start paramedical colleges across the state soon.
Health Minister Sri T. Harish Rao, R&B Minister Sri Vemula Prashant Reddy, Transport Minister Sri Puvvada Ajay Kumar, former Speaker of Legislative Assembly, MLCs Sri Madhusudana Chary, Chief Secretary Sri Somesh Kumar, Health Secretary Sri Rizvi, Medical Infrastructure Corporation Chairman Sri Errolla Srinivas are present in this programme. MLCs Sri Tatha Madhusudhan, MLAs Sri Sandra Venkataveeraiah, Sri Mecha Nageswar Rao, Dr. Sanjay Kumar, Kaloji Health University VC Sri Karunakar Reddy, Medical Education Director Sri Ramesh, Health Director Sri Gadala Srinivasa Rao, Medical Officers Sri Gangadhar, Sri Chandrasekhar Reddy and others participated.