Chief Minister Sri K. Chandrashekar Rao has instructed the officials to organize the “Swatantra Bharata Vajrotsawalu (Diamond Jubilee celebrations of India Independence Day) in a grandeur and majestic manner that exults people with patriotic fervor and from the inspiration of freedom struggle for two weeks.
CM appealed from students in the schools to employees, higher officials, public representatives, youth and the entire Telangana community to participate in the celebrations with enthusiasm. CM instructed to distribute National flags to all 1.20 crore houses in the state at free of cost.
As part of the execution of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations from August 8 to 22 under ‘Swatantra Bharata Vajrotsava Dwisaptaham’ organized on the eve of completion of 75 years of Indian Independence, a high-level meeting under the chairmanship of CM with the Committee headed by Sri K. Keshava Rao and other top officials was held at Pragathi Bhavan.
National flag atop every house – every heart fills with Indianness
CM reviewed day to day programme being organized as part of ‘Swatantra Bharata Vajrotsava Dwisaptaham’ from August 8 to 22. CM suggested the measures to be taken to make it a grand success, the prestigious hoisting of national flag on every house on August 15. CM instructed the officials to start the distribution of flags from August 9. The flag distribution should be taken up by Municipalities and Gram Panchayats.
Vajrotsavam celebrations will kick start on August 8 on a grand scale
CM decided to organize the inaugural function of the Vajrotsavam at HICC in Hyderabad. CM said cultural programmes with freedom spirit, patriotic national songs and Rastriya Salute with Army and Police bands will be conducted. Later, the opening remarks, Chairman’s speech and CM special speech on Vajrotsavam and vote of thanks will be there in the programme.
The participants in the programme are: Ministers, MPs, MLCs, MLAs, ZP Chairmen, Mayors, DCCB, DCMS presidents, all districts Rythu Bandhu Samithi Presidents, ZPTC members, MPPs, Corporation Mayors, Municipal Chairmen, all Departments HODs, IAS, IPS, IFS officials in the district headquarters, Army, Air Force and other Defence commanders, top officials of the central government organizations and others. The CM decided to organize the inaugural programme with 2000 participants.
Few more decisions taken at the review meeting by CM:
- Steps will be taken for special decoration at Bus Stands, Railway Stations, Airports, Star hotels, hospitals and Shopping malls
- 15-day special decoration and lit up all government buildings and other historical structures with colourful lights
- Essay writing, elocution, painting and patriotic song competitions in government and private schools and inter and degree students
- Teachers and Lecturers will organize poem competition on patriotism
- Patriotic songs on loud speaker during the prayer timing in all educational institutions every day
- Screening of Gandhi film directed by Richard Attenborough in all theatres for the students of government and private institutions every day
- Games and sports competitions in the name of Freedom cup at village, mandal and state level. Prizes will be distributed to the winners.
- Special rallies by students and employees with other communities
- Combined national anthem programme in the entire state one day during the 15-day celebrations, CM instructed DGP Mahendar reddy to take the responsibility
- CM instructed Cultural department to hold ‘Mushairas’ and ‘Kavi Sammelanams’ on the theme of freedom struggle
- State wide Plantation programme and the establishment of freedom parks
- Freedom 2k run involving youth and sport personalities
- Baloon display with freedom spirit
- Blood donation camp in every assembly constituency
- Distribution of fruits and sweets in hospitals, orphanage centers, jails and old age homes
- CM decided to hold Special Assembly session. Local body meeting in Gram panchayats, Mandal parishads, Zilla parishads and Municipalities will be organized
- CM decided to pay a befitting tribute to the freedom fighters
- Cracker blast progarmme on August 14 in all mandal and district headquarters and at tank band in Hyderabad
- CM decided to constitute special organizing committees with Ministers as Presidents in district level and Collector as Convenor and other officials and people representatives as members
- Musical programmes with noted singers and musical maestros in the country
- Special programmes to provide help to the under-privilege sections
- CM decided to felicitate best gram panchayat, municipality, school and best former, doctor, engineer, police officials and other officials, artists, singers and writers
- CM said that 15-day cultural fete reflecting freedom spirit will be organized at Ravindra Bharathi in Hyderabad