To work towards “Avoidable Blindness Free Telangana”, the Government has decided to take up universal eye screening by covering the entire population of the state under the name “Kanti Velugu”. The programme launched on August 15th, 2018.
The objectives of “Kanti Velugu” are as follows:
- To conduct eye screening & vision test for all citizens of the state
- Provide spectacles free of cost
- Arrange for surgeries and other treatments free of cost.
- Provide medicines for common eye ailments
- Educate people on prevention of serious disabling eye